CrossFit originated as a system of exercises that was developed by Greg Glassman in 2000. But today, CrossFit has grown from the direction of training into a separate sport. Elements of different disciplines are included in the basis of CrossFit:
- kettlebell lifting
The main positive effects of doing CrossFit are:
- The direction is designed in such a way as to maximally develop all the physical indicators of the body at once – strength, power, speed, and endurance. Also, CrossFit exercises help to improve coordination, balance, flexibility.
- Thanks to its high-calorie consumption during training, CrossFit helps you quickly lose weight and gain a fit.
- Develops the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. If now it’s hard for you to climb to the 5th floor, then after a year of training you can easily run to the 20th.
- A huge variety of complexes allows you to keep interested and motivated for training. Everyone can try their hand at CrossFit competitions: both an amateur and a professional.
- At most gyms, CrossFit is practiced in a mini-group, which means that such training expands the trainee’s circle of communication, adds a spirit of competition and motivation to achieve the goal.
Unfortunately, CrossFit, like many sports, has its drawbacks and contraindications:
- CrossFit is not suitable for those looking to increase muscle mass. Such exercises and workouts will not help you build up muscles to large sizes, like bodybuilders, but in order to keep the body in good shape, draw the relief – they are great.
- Among the contraindications to classes, it is worth noting: problems with the cardiovascular system, pregnancy, injuries of the musculoskeletal system.
- There is no clear focus on training. Since CrossFit combines various sports and is designed to provide general strengthening of the body, people involved in CrossFit are unlikely to achieve a record in one of the narrow disciplines. In this regard, CrossFit can be compared to a triathlon.
Crossfit: to whom and why?
CrossFit is suitable for almost everyone who has no health problems, especially with the cardiovascular system. CrossFit can be practiced by women and men, people of age, and adolescents according to specially designed programs for them. These workouts work best in the following cases:
- Crossfit for beginners. With a competent selection of training and exercise programs, as well as a gradual, smooth increase in the volume and complexity of classes, CrossFit can be an excellent reason to get involved in fitness and sports. But for this, beginners should turn to experienced trainers.
- CrossFit will be interesting for you if you like the spirit of competition. Some training programs have to be completed within a certain time, which makes the process quite reckless.
- Doing CrossFit is necessary for those who wish to get in shape in all respects. Working out in the gym is often boring. It is simply impossible to say about CrossFit.
In our fitness club, people with different levels of physical fitness are happy to attend CrossFit classes. Everyone receives useful advice from the instructor in the lesson and a general charge of motivation from group work and competitive elements.
Let’s sum up
So, there are many positive aspects of CrossFit. Thanks to him, many people began to train, got acquainted with various sports disciplines and exercises. CrossFit helps you lose weight, improve your figure, and improve your overall health. On the other hand, it has some downsides – it is not the safest and most effective way to exercise.
If you love to compete and want to push the limits of your training, then you will most likely love CrossFit. If you want to build muscle, increase strength and stay fit, or improve aerobic endurance, traditional, time-tested strength and cardio workouts are safer.